MARUF23 Networking Events Are Currently Accepting Applications
What are Networking Events?
Networking Events pave the way for various organizations to share their knowledge and experience, create the grounds for intersectional dialogue and develop multi-stakeholder collaborations on specific themes. Representatives from different sectors working on similar issues come together in events that have a high-level interaction among participants.
Networking Events are open to the application of institutions working on the city and producing solutions to urban problems. The content and method of the event is determined by the institution applying for the call. Each event should be designed to accommodate a maximum of 50 participants. Participants should be encouraged to interact and build networks during the event. Event announcements will be made by the event owners and the MARUF team will contribute to the announcements.
After the evaluation, the organizational details of the event will be discussed with the admitted applicants.
- To ensure that the representatives of the institutions working on the same subject meet,
- To prepare the ground for future partnerships, and to create an environment of solidarity,
- To inspire other institutions through sharing knowledge and experience,
- Contributing to the production of solutions that take sustainability, accessibility and inclusion into account for urban problems,
- To be aware of the latest debates on city development,
- To share and disseminate solutions to problems encountered in urban life from macro scale to micro scale
When & Where?
- Networking events will be held on 4-6 October 2023 in the designated networking area at the Istanbul Congress Center (ICC) in sessions of 45, 60 or 75 minutes.
- The day and time of the events will be determined together with the admitted organizations.
Who Can Apply?
The call is open to applications from different institutions all around the world, such as public institutions, local governments, NGOs, international organizations, universities, funding organizations, etc.
- Priority will be given to applicants that maximize participant engagement and interaction.
- For events that include a speech or presentation, it is important that speakers/facilitators are from various sectors and that there is a gender balance among them.
priority will be given to applicants who favor gender balance and associate their presentation with international studies.
About the Application
Fill out the application form here.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2023
Evaluation of Applications: July 31– August 7, 2023
Announcement of Results: August 8, 2023
Event Dates: 4-5-6 October 2023 (during MARUF23)